Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Some things are worth fighting for

The classic sister’s fight occurred approximately 0700 hours this morning. Haley had “borrowed” Ashley’s sweater without really asking permission.

“You always take my stuff without asking
“You wore my shoes yesterday”
“I’m not driving you to school”
“DAD”

Dad had already left for work so it was on like Donkey Kong

I usually stay out of these arguments as I’ve normally already waged my own war – getting Alex to school. We were upstairs when we heard the commotion coming from the basement. Alex looks up from his corn flakes and says “Mom, are they fighting about birthday cake? Because if they’re fighting about birthday cake, I’m going downstairs and joining the fight”

“No Alex, they’re arguing about a sweater”

Alex puts down his cereal and raises his hand “A SWEATER?!?!? What a stupid thing to fight about. Now birthday cake….that’s something worth fighting for”

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love your picture in your header! What a great family!!